- 10 minutes
- 28 minutes
- 600 g (1 1/3 lb.) ground beef
- 8 slices of Alexis de Portneuf L’Étoile de Saint-Raymond Brie
- 4 burger buns of your choice
- Fresh herbs and sprouts, for garnish
For the chutney
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cider vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cumin seeds
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 4 pears, cored and diced
- In a pot set over medium-low heat, bring brown sugar and vinegar to a boil. Add the rest of the chutney ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally, until desired texture is obtained (approximately 10 minutes). Set aside.
- On a clean work surface, arrange meat into patties. Cook the patties on the BBQ over medium heat, or in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, 4 minutes each side or until desired doneness is obtained. Serve on burger buns and top with a slice of L’Étoile de Saint-Raymond Brie Alexis de Portneuf, a spoonful of pear chutney, and a handful of fresh herbs or sprouts.