- 10 mins
- 15 mins
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) walnuts, chopped finely
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) store-bought ginger snaps, crushed
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) cherry jam, or other jam of your choice
- 1 round (370 g) Camembert de Portneuf cheese, chilled
- Fancy cookies to taste
In a bowl, combine the nuts, cookie crumbs, and sugar. Set aside.
With a sharp knife, remove the rind from the top of the cheese.
Slice the cheese in half horizontally to make two layers.
Place the bottom half of the cheese, rind side down, in a shallow microwave-safe dish.
Place the jam in the middle of the cheese and spread to within 1 cm/1/2 in. of the edge.
Sprinkle with half the nut mixture, cover with the top half of the cheese, and sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
Using the palm of your hand, press the mixture gently into the cheese.
Microwave at medium-high for about 3 minutes.
Serve with your favourite cookies.