- 15 mins
- 25 mins
- 450 g (1 lb) celeriac (celery root), peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) butter
- 125 g (1 unit) Caronzola cheese, well chilled, rind removed, diced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs to taste
Cook the celeriac in boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook until both vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork.
Drain and return to the heat to evaporate excess water.
Pass through a food mill and add the butter.
Add the Caronzola cheese and pepper, and mix well.
Serve with fresh herbs of your choice.
TIP: Use parsnips instead of celeriac for a delicious variation.